Friday, August 29, 2008

what next?

I created this blog for a class, but the class has been over for awhile. So it sits here, while I sit elsewhere with my mind. It would be lovely to write some more here, but the bizarre thing is that I don't REALLY want anyone I know to read it. There's something tantalizing about strangers learning your ins and outs. They don't have to see you each day; and frankly, I don't have to see them. Yet we can develop an emotional bond through empathy. I have trouble baring my soul to my most beloved family and friends, especially when those thoughts are impulsive and do not fit into our social order. And they can become self-obsessed, which can get pretty annoying to anyone after awhile. (I know some of those people... they're not my friends.)

I was thinking about making this blog focus on trying to stay grounded in the midst of this fast-paced, self-conscious, conspicuously affluent world called New York City. We'll see.

No comments: